The year 2023 is approaching fast, and if you don’t know what’s happening in the world by then, you might be in for a shock. You might think that humans have gotten smarter about predicting the future over the last century, but actually we’ve gotten worse! In this article I’ll examine some of the major trends that will shape our lives over the next decade so you can get ready for them—or maybe even change them yourself!
Economic growth is expected
Economic growth stopped during the pandemic of 2020-22. It seems that American spending has improved in the latter part of 2022. Hopefully it will continue. Fuel prices skyrocketed for a while and have begun to drop but we have to wait and see if they continue to fall for the new year. During the pandemic most businesses had to shut down to reduce exposure of employees and the public. Although businesses are open they are having trouble getting enough employees to efficiently function. This may be a fear of working in the public because they are still afraid of contracting Covid but during the new year we can hope that more people will choose to go back to work at the many job opportunities that are available.
There will be a release of new technology
Technological advancements will occur between 2023 and 2025.
In the first place, keep in mind that technology is advancing rapidly, so it’s hard to predict exactly when something will be available. There are, however, some technologies being developed that are likely to be released around 2023:
- People can track their vitals and other health metrics with new health care apps and devices. Apps of this kind are already available, but they need a little more refinement before they become mainstream.
- With the increasing comfort level of consumers and companies in using autonomous vehicles, autonomous vehicles will become more common. Every year, they get closer to perfection!
- As artificial intelligence-powered virtual assistants like Alexa or Siri (Apple) gain more abilities, they will be able to recognize emotional states as well as general information requests/answers. AI-powered assistants can now recognize natural language better than ever before, which means that you will have fewer questions because your assistant will be able to answer them on its own!
There will be major movie and video game releases
- Video games: Major video game releases are expected in 2023. Keep an I out for the new game releases
- Movies: Major movies will come out as well. These include some major movies that everyone is looking forward to.
sporting events with championships to win
- As a result of winning the World Series, the Houston Astros now have three titles under their belt. For Houston fans, it’s their second championship in 50 years.
- Despite winning the National League East division, the Washington Nationals lost in the National League Championship Series to the Chicago Cubs in five games. Despite a poor performance in post-season play, Stephen Strasburg manages to put together an impressive season and shows signs of greatness (if he stays healthy, he may even become even better).
- Following Hurricane Katrina’s destruction in Louisiana in 2005, the New Orleans Pelicans won their first NBA Championship since moving from Charlotte.
Let’s find out as soon as possible!
We have a lot to absorb here, so take your time. The good news is that everything isn’t gloom and doom. In our everyday lives, we have the opportunity to take action to combat climate change. This can be accomplished quickly; what matters most is that we get started now!
In 2023, there will be a lot to look forward to. There will be new video games, movies, and sports championships to enjoy. Despite a slowdown, the economy is expected to remain strong. Technology may affect jobs in some ways, but overall, these trends are positive.